Let’s Give the Mayans a Run for Their Money…
As the holidays near all of us are taking a little hiatus from the hustle and bustle of work to enjoy some time with our families. But, before we go, we just want to wish our customers, vendors, and blog enthusiasts a fun and safe holiday and happy new year.
We have had a great year and what better way to end it than thanking all of you for your support and hopefully we will see and hear from all of you in 2013.
Just as a reminder the MyShopAngel offices will be closed from December 21 till January 2 so we can all spend some time with our loved ones. But, always remember we are open 24/7 online at MyShopAngel.com.
And finally, with the new year comes new products. Here is a sneak peak of what we will be offering when we come back in a few weeks:
“Just in the nick of time”
The holidays are just around the corner, but don’t fret! If you’re still in need of some last minute gifts for your holiday celebration, company giveaway, or office party, we’re here to help. There’s still time to get what you need delivered by the holidays!!
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged awards, Christmas, corporate gifts, gift bag, holiday delivery, holiday party, ipad case, just in the nick of time, last minute gifts, MyShopAngel, Promotional Products, wine bottle
Wherever there is a human in need, there is an opportunity for kindness and to make a difference. ~Kevin Heath
The holidays are upon us, and one thing we are always reminded to do is spread holiday cheer. In fact, there are plenty of simple ways to spread good cheer:
- Letting someone have your pen. We have all been there when we reach into our pocket/purse to find out we have came unprepared. This simple gesture not only keeps the other person’s mind at ease, but it can also be a great way to market yourself.
- Holding the door open for someone. Holding the door open is a polite and thoughtful gesture that you can do for your family, friends and even strangers, every day. Whether you’re at school, the grocery story, at work, or at home, those around you will certainly appreciate your good manners.
- Return a shopping cart. There are many small things we can do in our daily lives that make other people’s lives easier. An example of this is to serve those who serve us. After you are done shopping, return your cart to where it belongs. Doing so may inspire others to pay it forward and do something kind for others.
Since the holidays are such a special time to be reminded to help others, you may want to do something a little bigger to spread great joy:
- Be a Designated Driver. As the holidays are upon us, many of us will be invited to festive get-togethers that will involve alcohol. Always discuss with your friends who will be driving home, and volunteer to be the sober ride. Not only do you avoid a nasty hangover in the morning, but your friends and other drivers will surely appreciate it.
- Adopt a Soldier. The holidays are hard to get through when loved ones aren’t close, especially for our armed forces who are usually away from the comforts of home. By becoming pen pals and letting them know you that you are grateful for all they do will possibly start a support network for them to get through those tough times,
- Become a Layaway Angel. As we are moving out of a recession, many people out there are still having a tough time with their credit and create layaways they may not be able to afford. Instead of donating to a charity, take that money to your local store and pay off all or a portion of someone’s layaway. It’s a good deed that you can do for a family less fortunate in your community.
No matter how you choose to spread holiday cheer you can impact the lives of others around you. As shown above the gesture can be small or great, either way there is a benefit to those around you, and you also feel better about yourself. And always remember that good karma will be in your future if you do good things.
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged angel, BIC, carts, charity, designated driver, door, drunk driving, grocery, karma, layaway, MyShopAngel, pen, pen pals, random acts of kindness, shopping, soldiers
Dreidel Games – Traditional Food – Gifts – Menorahs
Hanukkah traditions begin in just a couple of days! Eight nights filled with foods fried in oil, dreidel games, gifts of money and of course, the lighting of the Menorah. Many Jewish families get in touch with the spiritual side of Hanukkah by devoting their gifts of money to tzedakah, the Hebrew word for charity. This has become a way to teach and remind people to think of the World as a whole. Choose a charity close to your heart and show them support this year!
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged Chanukkah, charity, chocolate, chocolate coins, chocolate rounds, custom debossed candy, dreidel, festival of lights, gifts, Hanukkah, Holiday, menorah, money, MyShopAngel.com, traditions