Take time to Thank your Activity Professionals
What is Activity Professionals Week?
Activity Professionals Week is a week where we thank the staff at nursing homes, assisted living facilities and hospitals that work with the elderly and handicapped.
Who is an Activity Professional?
Activity Professionals are employees who provide elderly and disabled clients opportunities to pursue social, mental, creative, spiritual, and recreational activities. Some of these activities include leading exercise and stretching classes, planning holiday parties, and coordinating craft and dance activities. Basically Activity Professionals are there to improve these people’s quality of life.
5 Ways to Thank your Activity Professional
- Provide a breakfast buffet or take them out to lunch.
- Send an editorial to your local paper about what your Activity Department provides.
- Allow them to leave early one day during this week.
- Honor your Activity Professionals with a card and/or flowers.
- Purchase promotional products from MyShopAngel and give them to the staff.